The goal of this program is to help the learner understand the serious financial burden and human toll caused by violence in the workplace, and to offer suggestions that can mitigate it. Please note that this course contains material such as research, examples, and images that may be intense, due to the topic.
Upon completion of the course, the learner will be able to:
- Understand the importance of readiness for dealing with danger in the workplace.
- Recognize those who are possible risks for self harm or harm to others.
- Draft, implement, communicate and continuously improve emergency protocols.
This course is appropriate for all mental health and healthcare workers.
Long Term Care Administrators:
This program has been approved for Continuing Education for 4.0 total participant hours by NAB/NCERS—approval #20241218-4-A98226-DL
NAB Domains: 2B1 (OSHA Rules and Regulations), 2B5 (Risk Management Process and Programs), 2B8 (Internal Investigation Protocols and Techniques, e.g., incidents, adverse events), 2B10 (Insurance Coverage, e.g., liability, property), and 2B12 (Security, e.g., cameras, monitoring systems, locks, staff location reporting).
Some Important Items to Note:
- Be sure to scroll down each page to read all course content before advancing.
- Read and complete each page. Click on the “Mark Complete” button at the bottom to continue. All pages must be completed for course credit. This includes the survey at the end of the course.
- Optional audio is available on many pages. Click on the gray arrow located above text for narration.
- A Bibliography is located at the end of this course.
- All acronyms used in this course may be found in the Glossary at the end of Lesson 1.
- You must complete the quiz at the end and pass with at least 80% correct in order to get credit for the course.
- All materials are copyrighted by 9 Design Education, LLC, and may not be used in any form without permission.
Let’s get started!
Select Lesson 1 below.