The goal of this program is to learn about the development of ethical thought, why it matters, and how it applies to the modern healthcare environment.
Upon completion of the course, the learner will be able to:
- Articulate the meaning of ethics, and why it matters
- Describe religious accommodation in the workplace
- Explain how trust is cultivated, and how it can be restored if lost
- Apply knowledge gained to actual workplace scenarios
This course is appropriate for all mental health and healthcare workers.
Long Term Care Administrators:
This program has been approved for Continuing Education for 6.25 total participant hours by NAB/NCERS—approval #20240619-6.25-A95325-DL
NAB Domains: 1B1 Psychosocial Needs (e.g., social, spiritual, community, cultural), 1B3 Care Recipient Bill of Rights and Responsibilities, 4A4 Leadership Principles (e.g., communication, styles, mentoring, coaching, personal professional development), 4B1 Mission, Vision, and Value Statements
Some Important Items to Note:
1. Be sure to scroll down each page to read all course content before advancing. Complete each quiz as it appears at the bottom of certain pages.
After a quiz, you can return to the Topic page by clicking on the blue menu above the “lesson progress” bar at the top of the page.
2. Read and complete each page. Click on the “Mark Complete” button at the bottom to continue. All pages must be completed for course credit. This includes the survey at the end of the course.
3. Optional audio is available on many pages. Click on the gray arrow located above text for narration.
4. A Glossary and Bibliography are located at the end of Part Four of this course.
5. All materials are copyrighted by 9 Design Education, and may not be used in any form without permission.
Let’s get started!
Select Lesson 1 below.