The goal of this program is to give participants an understanding of worldview – both their own and that of others. Worldview concepts are foundational for learning the principles of cultural competency.
Upon completion of the course, the learner will be able to:
- Understand personal worldview and how it is formed
- Recognize boundaries of their own worldview
- Value different worldviews
Lara Jameson on Pexels lnha lnfa nha nfa CEU cultural lmft lpc DO MD psych CEU
This course is appropriate for all mental health and healthcare workers.
Long Term Care Administrators:
This program has been approved for Continuing Education for 1.25 total participant hours by NAB/NCERS—approval #20241126-1.25-A98276-DL for NFA/NHA, RCAL, and HCBS licenses.
NAB Domains: 1B1 Psychosocial Needs; 1B2 Person-Centered Care and Comprehensive Care Planning; 1B10 Mental and Behavioral Health; 2C1 Federal Human Resources Laws, Rules, and Regulations; 2C7 Employee Training and Orientation; 2C13 Cultural Competence and Diversity Awareness, and 4A3 Organizational Behavior.
Some Important Items to Note:
1. Be sure to scroll down each page to read all course content before advancing.
2. Read and complete each page. Click on the “Mark Complete” button at the bottom to continue. All pages must be completed for course credit.
3. Optional audio is available on many pages. Click on the gray arrow located above text for narration.
4. A Bibliography is located at the end of this course.
5. You must complete the quiz at the end and pass with at least 80% correct in order to get credit for the course.
6. All materials are copyrighted by 9 Design Education, and may not be used in any form without permission.
Click on the Lesson below to begin.